Getting a dental implant at Elegant Smiles is a great way to replace a missing tooth, but it’s not always the right procedure for everyone. Below you’ll see a list of who are good candidates for a dental implant, as well as those that may not qualify.
Ideal Implant Candidates
You should consider an implant as a tooth replacement option if you meet the following criteria:
- You are in good general health
- You have healthy teeth and gums
- You’re committed to practicing good oral home care
- There is adequate jaw bone
- X-ray reveals a sufficient amount of space to place the implant
- The sinus cavity isn’t in the way of the implantation site
- Nerves are all out of the way
Bad Candidates for Implants
In contrast, if you fall into any of the following categories, you should consider replacing your missing tooth in another way.
- You have a lot of medical conditions
- Your oral health is not good (i.e. there is gum disease present)
- You have not stopped growing yet (your bone is still developing)
- You’re pregnant
- There isn’t enough bone present
- There is anatomy in the way, such as a sinus cavity of nerves
- Your severely grind or clench your teeth
To see if you qualify for an implant, visit Elegant Smiles for an evaluation. We’ll conduct an oral exam and get an x-ray to determine if you’re a good candidate. If not, there are other tooth replacement options that we can talk about as well. Call us today to learn more!